Excerpt from the Devi Gita:
The Goddess displays her Cosmic Form
1-19. The Devî said:–“O Girirâja! This whole universe, moving and unmoving, is created by My Mâyâ S’aktî. This Mâyâ is conceived in Me. It is not, in reality, different or separate from Me. So I am the only Chit, Intelligence. There is no other intelligence than Me. Viewed practically, it is known variously as Mâyâ, Vidyâ; but viewed really from the point of Brahman, there is no such thing as Mâyâ; only one Brahman exists, I am that Brahma, of the nature of Intelligence
I create this whole world on this Unchangeable Eternal (Mountain-like) Brahma, (composed of Avidyâ, Karma, and various Samskâras) and enter first as Prâna (vital breath) within it in the form of Chidâbhâsa. O Mountain! Unless I enter as Breath, how can this birth and death and leaving and retaking bodies after bodies be accounted for! As one great Âkâs’â is denominated variously Ghatâkâs’a (Âkâs’â in the air), Patâkâs’a (Âkâs’â in cloth or picture), so I too appear variously by acknowledging this Prâna in various places due to Avidyâ and various Antahkaranas. As the Sun’s rays are never defiled when they illumine various objects on earth, so I, too, am not defiled in entering thus into various high and low Antahkaranas (hearts). The ignorant people attach Buddhi and other things of activity on Me and say that Âtman is the Doer; the intelligent people do not say that. I remain as the Witness in the hearts of all men, not as the Doer. O Achalendra! There are many Jîvas and many Îs’varas due to the varieties in Avidyâ and Vidyâ. Really it is Mâyâ that differentiates into men, beasts and various other Jîvas; and it is Mâyâ that differentiates into Brahma, Visnu and other Îs’varas. As the one pervading sky (Âkâs’a) is called Mahâkâs’a Ghatâkas’a (being enclosed by jars), so the One All pervading Paramâtmâ is called Paramâtmâ, Jîvâtmâ (being enclosed within Jîvas). As the Jîvas are conceived many by Mâyâ, not in reality; so Îs’varas also are conceived many by Mâyâ; not in essence. O Mountain! This Avidyâ and nothing else, is the cause of the difference in Jîvas, by creating differences in their bodies, indriyas (organs) and minds. Again, due to the varieties in the three Gunas and their wants (due to the differences between Sâttvik, Râjasik and Tâmasik desires), Mâyâ also appears various. And their differences are the causes of different Îs’varas, Brahma, Visnu and others. O Mountain! This whole world is interwoven in Me; It is I that am the Îs’vara that resides in causal bodies; I am the “Sutrâtman, Hiranyagarbha that resides in subtle bodies and it is I that am the Virât, residing in the gross bodies. I am Brahmâ, Visnu, and Mahes’vara; I am the Brâhmâ, Vaisnavi and Raudrî S’aktis. I am the Sun, I am the Moon, I am the Stars; I am beast, birds, Chandâlas and I am the Thief, I am the cruel hunter; I am the virtuous high-souled persons and I am the female, male, and hermaphrodite. There is no doubt in this. O Mountain! Wherever there is anything, seen or heard, I alway exist there, within and without, There is nothing moving or unmoving, that can exist without Me. If there be such, that is like the son of a barren woman. Just as one rope is mistaken for a snake or a garland, so I am the One Brahma and appears as Îs’vara, etc. There, is no doubt in this. This world cannot appear without a substratum.
And That Substratum is My Existence. There can be nothing else.
20. The Himâlayâs said:–“O Devî! If Thou art merciful on me, I desire, then, to see Thy Virât form in the Fourth Dimensional Space.
This sight is developed when the mind resides in the heart centre or in the cenlre of the eye-brows. A proper teacher is necessary.
21-41. Vyâsa said:–“O King! Hearing the words of Girirâja, Visnu and all the other Devas gladly seconded him. Then the Devî, the Goddess of the Universe, knowing the desires of the Devas, showed Her Own Form that fulfils the desires of the Bhaktas, that is auspicious and that is like the Kalpa Vriksa towards the Bhaktas. They saw Her Highest Virât Form. The Satyaloka is situated on the topmost part and is Her head; the Sun and Moon are Her eyes; the quarters, Her ears; the Vedas are Her words; the Universe is Her heart; the earth is Her loins; the Bhuvarloka is Her navel; the asterisms are Her Thighs; the Maharloka is Her neck; the Janarloka is Her Face; the Taparloka is Her head, situated below the S’atyaloka; Indra and the Devas and the Svarloka is Her arms; the sound is the organ of Her ears; the As’vin twins, Her nose; the smell is the organ of smell; the fire is within Her face; day and night are like Her two wings. The four-faced Brahmâ is Her eyebrows; water is Her palate; the juice thereof is Her organ of taste; Yama, the God of Death, is Her large teeth; the affection is Her small teeth; Mâyâ is Her smile; the creation of Universe is Her sidelooks; modesty is Her upper lip; covetousness is Her lower lip; unrighteousness is Her back. The Prajâpati is Her organ of generation; the oceans are Her bowels; the mountains are Her bones; the rivers are Her veins; and the trees are the hairs of Her body. O King! Youth, virginity, and old age are Her best gaits, positions or ways (courses) paths, the clouds are Her handsome hairs; the two twilights are Her clothings; the Moon is the mind of the Mother of the Universe; Hari is Her Vijnâna S’âkti (the knowledge power); and Rudra is Her all-destroying power. The horses and other animals are Her loins; the lower regions Atala, etc., are Her lower regions from Her hip to Her feet. The Devas began to behold Her this Cosmic (Virâta) appearance with eyes, wide awake, with wonder. Thousands of fiery rays emitted from Her form; She began to lick the whole universe with Her lips; the two rows of teeth began to make horrible sounds; fires came out from Her eyes; various weapons were seen in Her hands; and the Brâhmanas and Ksattriyas are become the food cf that Awful Deity. Thousands of heads, eyes and feet were seen in that form. Crores of Suns, crores of lightnings flashes, mingled there. Horrible, Awful, That appearance looked terrific to the eyes, heart and mind. The Devas thus beheld and began to utter cries of horror and consternation; their hearts trembled and they were
caught with immoveable senselessness. “Here is the Devî, our Mother and Preserver.” this ides vanished away at once from their minds.
At this moment the Vedas that were on the four sides of the Devî, removed the swoon of the Devas and made them conscious. The Immortals got, then, the excellant Vedas; and, having patience, began to praise and chant hymns in words choked with feelings and with tears flowing flowing from their eyes.
42-53. The Devas said:–“O Mother! Forgive our faults. Protect us, the miserable, that are born of Thee. O Protectress of the Devas! Withhold Thy anger we are very much terrified at the sight of Thy this form. “O Devî! We are inferior immortals; what prayers can we offer to Thee! Thou Thyself canst not measure Thy powers; how then can we, who are born later, know of Thy greatness! Obeisance to Thee, the Lady of the Universe! Obeisance to Thee of the nature of the Pranava Om; Thou art the One that is proved in all the Vedântas. Obeisance to Thee, of the form of Hrîm! Obeisance to Thee, the Self of all, whence has originated the Fire, the Sun, and the Moon and whence have sprung all the medicinal plants. Obeisance to the Devî, the Cosmic Deity, the Self in all whence have sprung all the Devas, Sâdhyas, the beasts, birds, and men! We bow down again and again to the Great Form, Mâhâ Mâyâ, the Self of all, whence have-sprung the vital breath Prana, Apâna, grains and wheats, and Who is the source of asceticism, faith, truth, continence and the rules what to do and what not to do under the present circumstances. The seven Prânas, the seven Lokas, the seven Flames, the seven Samidhs, the seven Oblations to Fire, have sprung from Thee! Obeisance to Thee, the Great Self in all! Obeisance to the Universal form of the Deity of the Universe whence have sprung all the oceans, all the mountains, all the rivers, all the medicinal plants and all the Rasas (the tastes of all things). We bow down to that Virât Form, the Great Self, the Mahâ Mâyâ, whence have originated the sacrifices, the sacrifical post (to which the victim about to be immolated is bound) and Daksinâs (the sacrificial fees) and the Rik, the Yajus, and the Sâma Vedas. O Mother! O Mahâ Mâyâ! We bow down to Thy front, to Thy back, to Thy both the sides, to Thy top, to Thy bottom and on all sides of Thee. O Devî! Be kind enough to withhold this Extraordinary Terrific Form of Thine, and sbew us Thy Beautiful Lovely Form.
54-56. Vyâsa said:–“O King! The World Mother, the Ocean of mercy, seeing the Devas terrified, withheld Her Fearful Cosmic Form and showed Her very beautiful appearance, pleasing to the whole world. Her body became soft and gentle. In one hand She held the noose, and in another She held the goad. The two other hands made signs to dispel all their fears
and ready to grant the boons. Her eyes emitted rays of kindness; Her face was adorned with beautiful smiles. The Devas became glad at this and bowed down to Her in a peaceful mind and then spoke with great joy.
Here ends the Thirhy-third Chapter of the Seventh Book on the Devî’s Virât Rûpa in the Mahâ Parânam, Sri Mad Devî Bhâgavatam, of 18,000 verses, by Maharsi Veda Vyâsa.
The ‘mere mortals’ i.e. slave races to the elite of this existence are bombarded and instilled with the idea that the first, original or ultimate creator is male and in some religions there is a cemented notion of a male Creatrix/triad e.g. later Hinduism. However, in such an ancient religion with so much instruction and teaching on the composition of life, the living of it, subjects we consider academic such as maths (vedic mathematics) to health (ayurveda), cosmology, the natural and so-called supernatural there is one piece of information that undoes the very foundation of modern Hindu thought – that there are three male Gods that are the creators, the top of their hierarchy/pyramid. The triad can even become one – the ultimate God and in their case ‘father’ figure which then becomes the basis of monotheism. Remember though that two have female names with one the most ‘powerful’, ‘greatest’ and masculine being a eunuch, another whose name isn’t even a name but an assumed personification of the movement ‘breath’ of creation and the third who likes to pretend to be female, is known as a ganymede and often has incestuous relations with the eunuch even though both are married. The wives (who are known as sterile or consorts), and I call them wives instead of goddesses because they are given second place to their husbands (and sons – the daughters are lesser known) who are called their counterparts but who still have dominance aka the ‘first among equals’ hypocrisy. The wives, when not depicted as wrapped around the bodies of their husbands sometimes journey out on missions as powerful devis and can join together as one deity but not GOD. But why then is it that every time the male ‘Creatrix’ got into real trouble, had such problematic ‘demons’ that they couldn’t handle and/or made such a mess of everything they called out “Mother come save us!”
Three such occasions times are quite well known in Hinduism; the defeat of the demons Bhanda and his brother, and the churning of the ocean in a tug-of-war between the ‘good’ (i.e. ruling elite) and ‘demons’ being the most well known and the bestowing of the 4 Vedas to the Himalayas being lesser known. The first two mentioned fully acknowledge The MOTHER/ONLY CREATOR LALITA DEVI (MahaKali Rajarajeshvari / Tripurasundari) in the Brahmanda Purana ‘Lalitopakhyana’, 40 chapters. The third one is from the repressed Devi Gita – thirty-third Chapter of the Seventh Book on the Devî’s Virât Rûpa in the Mahâ Parânam, Sri Mad Devî Bhâgavatam (P.711-714), of 18,000 verses. She is called, entreated, praised, begged and used to help the so-called gods of Hinduism when they f*ck up and beyond unfortunately it seems that she believed what her trusted workers (brahma, shiva, vishnu and their tool indra, all also known as the fallen angels/demons who have numerous identities through time and places) told her when they acted innocent each time with their ‘help us with the big bad demons who are hurting us’ lines neglecting to mention their own thoughts and actions and hiding behind different names and faces. Mother Lalita is known for her force, the ultimate creative/destructive force – the compassion and the fury – all of creation is but a tiny part of her being and all sentience is but borrowed time/space and ultimately what was beloved creation became parasitic disease and desecration. Mother/home/life force became an abused host and each time she has been called to help and re-create. What is incomprehensible to the minds in this time/reality was obvious to the so-called gods when they knew everything/paradise was there and everyone was equal (in forms that we liken to ‘superheroes’ and deities nowadays) and harmonious and they then proceeded to muck it up to the point where their mess was beyond their control and then called on Mother to fix it and give them a fresh start. The Mother was too trusting.
Newsflash: no one is getting re-created and no one is getting away with anything.
Pointing fingers, using others as tools, playing all the sides and fooling the victims into thinking the victimiser(s) is/are the saviour, not letting the innocent speak, causing trauma based memory loss, sleep/dreams & false death, mind control, disassociation & desensitization, problem-reaction-solution, shock & awe, genetic modification & cloning, body snatching, virtual reality and all the other methods of deceit, manipulation and coercion will not work this time. She knows better now having seen through the lies and felt all of the suffering; amnesia doesn’t last and it doesn’t erase, the memory of every life story, every action is ingrained in the living consciousness of her being i.e. all the creations and ‘space’ we comprehend from each blade of grass to each speck of dust. It’s all recorded, encoded, memorized. She is the real ‘technology’ i.e. the creator of nature, the ‘supernatural’, the ‘magical’ which is all what ‘modern technology’ imitates or reverse engineers.
We all had a fixed time limit, the same time limit there is no longevity for the so-called ‘masters of the universe(s)’ even though they’ve done their best to shorten everyone else’s turning life into business using creation as livestock. The time is ending now, Her throne Nibiru (Planet X/Wormwood etc) is here and there is no way the so-called gods can pretend to be the real GOD now to the people/animals/Earth, no amount of smoke and mirrors can compare to the real light and darkness of HER. “Mother save/forgive us”, praying on the death bed and begging friendship is just adding insult to injury; she has personally experienced and witnessed it all here and now and they know it. She has been victimized by and with her own creation, turned into a passive slave power source/host/fount, has felt it all directly and through the parts of her which she generously gave individual life and the right to live in harmony, not with free will as people think of it today. There was only what was natural i.e. good; thinking, wanting, doing and causing otherwise is the choice to die i.e. be returned to source. She is passive and ignorant no more.
All creation will revert to creator, back to source, home, to where/how true love existed but which now is pain. There is and will be no forgiveness, She will move on but will never forget her mistake and it will not be repeated.
Quoted from HERE
I’ve been wearing my hair in braids/plaits lately and I admire Medusa so drew this. Remember she was a victim of the conquering pantheon and their king in particular. The whole story was a corruption of an earlier African goddess upon which later cultures superimposed the idea of her beautiful hair as snakes; and was then portrayed as demonic. Her look is similar to many deities still worshiped today in Hinduism and a part of the worldwide reptile theme, which in itself has been twisted to apply to characters switching roles e.g. from hero to villain and vice versa commonly applied to humans, aliens and hybrids (the latter two going back and forth as ‘gods’, ‘monsters’ and ‘bodysnatchers’).
Kali is part of the Daughter/Mother/Dark Mother (Bala/Lalita/Kali) triad, she is an ancient carryover which survived even the post-diluvian/Vedic Arayan wave (long before the most well known takeover in Afrika i.e. Graeco-Roman) which changed the early tribal gnosticism to the foundations of Hinduism leading to modern Hinduism and Gnosticism. Branches of those modern systems used for later monotheistic religions e.g. the Indian prince otherwise known as Buddha spreading a diluted and more friendly version of modern Hinduism i.e. no untouchables/low caste to widen the net of believers and for which many disillusioned/outcast could ‘safely’ be transfered to. It then conveniently became monotheistic and masculine but by then the Zoroastrian method was rampant and in no chronological order along came Judaism, Christianity; prophets and gurus were allowed divinity with Islam and Sikhism and of course worshiping oneself or focusing on the self with Jainism (not to be confused with the hedonistic and nihilistic ‘self’ promoted with the version of free will where the individual is ‘god/divine self’ – for the masses rather than religious/political/cultural founders that ideology is more 19th/20th century). The same branches were recycled with systems for those disillusioned with the rigid structures e.g. Wicca and New Agers. So as not to leave anybody out atheists have a special place with modern Science and Technology (not to be confused with ancient science and technology e.g. mathematics, natural science and astronomy/cosmology which have been included in religion all along) with many very modern folk taking a post modernist approach picking and mixing from both religion and science. Though of course there’s always the hypothesized one world religion in the works for the walk-ins/clones, robots/drones/AI, cyborgs/hybrids, zombies and anyone bloody else leftover. What is this, the open house of our part of the galactic Local Group?
One of the forms of Kali was known as having snake hair, currently she is called Tara Kali but of course her image has been changed with Buddhism so depictions/statues of the original are very rare. Nowadays most people know the male substitute as the ‘one with the snake hair’ and his priests wear dreads especially. Snakes in general were taken from her hair and placed as beds and adornment for later deities – basically it went from snake hair to snake body to furniture and kept as hair for the sex change in patriarchy.
The Medusa link is a twisted version of a goddess that had basis in Earth Mother God tradition, that goddess (with a spider connection tying into the hair connection and being multi-facted) was a fusion of Kali (the Blackness representative of the Void i.e. the 1 which the 3 came from – see previous post – Time, Mother/Protector/Destroyer) and the gorgons which were a later version of a lesser triad of female deities who can also be likened to the later Fates but were really to do with virtues. Kali is always ‘the other one’ to modern Hindus, people can’t pray to her for material boons so she’s not that popular and has been relegated to ‘an aspect of’ the current ‘consort’ of the ‘most important’ male god of the male replacement triad. It takes a lot of time and energy to learn about her origins but beyond the ‘fertility’ and ‘porn’ labels of the really ancient archaeological relics that have been acknowledged to the public, these relics (all female) share Mother and Dark Mother attributes. It’s hard to keep her hidden, she keeps coming back – even in the pervading religions today signs of her are found because somewhere deep down people remember her e.g. the Black Madonnas in Sicily relegated to the doorsteps outside the ‘sacred buildings’ or the ones draped in traditional Afrikan and Asian dress styles used by missionaries when converting ‘primitives’. Also important to note – human/animal sacrifices were a later invention of patriarchy and attached to her, like temple prostitutes with other forms of the goddess and burning wives with dead husbands etc etc bloody etc. As an ancient, tribal Mother Goddess she’s associated with the ‘vegetation/Earth’ Goddess who then became known as a fertility and porn figure and much later a part of a consort ‘generously’ thought of as an aspect of the one (from three) male god associated with negative reptilian themes both domestic and alien. The ancient Egyptians and surrounding places/cultures akin to the South Americans were pretty visual with the alien theme. Other belief systems use euphemisms like “from the stars” or children of god coming upon (ew) the children of Earth.
As far as I’m concerned dreads, braids or snakes make damned good hair and at least with the latter one would never be lacking in others to talk to! Let’s just say I don’t believe hair is dead or an excess of the body. I’ve drawn the hair here like ribbons, but hey everybody, their doppleganger(s) and clone(s) have thus far gotten away with twisting time (those who shout loudest and long enough) to make ‘truths’/’half-truths’ so I thought it best to streamline the snake action for those with weaker stomachs 😉
P.S – Closing comments
Mum says: “Well it’s the end of the world isn’t it? No one needs to be afraid, you will only reap what you have sown”.
I say: “I dislike stereotypes but the one about women and being fashionably late comes to mind; after of course doing the preparation for the party, organization and setting up. Then leaving it to the guests so she can go cook and do blithe hosting duties. Then snapping back to full attention at the end to say bye and clean up the mess.”
THE SACRED POWER OF MENSTRUAL BLOOD
Menstrual Blood used to be the most Sacred substance on Earth, and now science is discovering its incredible healing powers…
Gnostic Christians used to call their religion Synesaktism – another word for Agape – which means ‘The Way of Shaktism’, referring to Tantric Yoni-Worship.
One of the most important rituals was preparing a ‘drink of immortality’ made from menstrual blood, which is full of healing stem cells, which can actually activate our cellular capacity to regenerate and transport us to endocrine states of rapture. Or in a spiritual sense open us to the Frequency of Love and Eternal Life, transporting us to another Dimension – called Heaven, Paradise, Nirvana etc.
This ‘Love Feast’ or ‘Sacred Marriage’ – a core part of the Menstrual Mysteries – was eventually declared a heresy and women were barred from participating in Christian rites.
However the ‘Power of Renewal, Rebirth, and Resurrection’ previously associated with the Holy Womb and Menstrual Blood of the Divine Mother was transferred to the story of Jesus and his ritual of Eucharist – ‘hic est sanguis meus – this is the Chalice of my Blood’ – where worshippers ‘drank his blood’ to gain the power of Rebirth through him.
In most ancient myths and religions, throughout the world dating back hundreds of thousands of years, the power of rebirth had always been a blessing of the Feminine Womb – embodied and gifted by Sacred Womb Priestesses across many cultures. It had never been held by a man. Although there are many legends about the ‘menstrual powers of female shamans’ being stolen by male gods.
The Holy Grail, in its true original essence, is the Womb.
Women born many, many thousands of years ago in what we might called ‘Original Innocence’ – before many of our genetic capabilities went offline, held this power naturally, as a birthright, shared with their tribes in renewal rituals.
Since those times, once the birthright was lost, women across many lineages and cultures – Womb Priestesses – have practiced many varied ways to heal, clear and open the Womb, so it can once again embody the frequency of Love, of Original Innocence, so that the energetic and physical stem cell capacity can activate purer states of consciousness and activate incredible regenerative healing. This knowledge has been almost lost over the last thousand years, as it has been fragmented, scattered and deliberately destroyed.
Now it is desiring to return, to ‘renew our lands’ as the myths go.
Earlier this year Fountain of Life met with a top international research scientist working with menstrual blood stem cells. His research indicated they had the capacity to work ‘miracles’. He described how the first time he used Menstrual Blood Stem Cells he felt like he had been ‘reborn’ – an unfit man in his late fifties, he’d had to run around the block because he had so much energy.
Another research scientist in his sixties working with stem cells had experienced his hair change from grey to the black of his youth in a matter of months. Throughout the world, in secret, these experiments are happening – in China, Russia, India, and more.
Whilst women are giving their power away to patriarchal ideologies, taking drugs to stop their menstrual cycle, using cancer-causing chemical bleached tampons to stem the flow, seeing their Menses as an inconvenient ‘curse’ they are ashamed of, male scientists around the world are using the power to experience states of physical and spiritual high.
Isn’t it time we reclaimed our Feminine power? Honoring the sacred regenerative properties of the ‘Flowering’ of our Wombs.
Evidence of the Sacredness of Menstruation throughout all cultures before the rise of the male-dominated patriarchy is well documented….
* The Maoris stated explicitly that human souls are made of menstrual blood, which when retained in the womb ‘assumes human form and grows into a man
* Africans said menstrual blood is ‘congealed to fashion a man’.
* Aristotle said human life is made of ‘coagulum’ of menstrual blood.
* In Hindu theory as the Great Mother creates, her substances become thickened and forms a curd or clot. This was the way she gave birth to the cosmos, and women employ the same method on a smaller scale.
* Indians of South America said all mankind was made of ‘moon blood’ in the beginning.
* In ancient Mesopotamia, they believed the Great Goddess Ninhursag made mankind out of clay and infused with her “blood of life.”
* Adam, from the feminine adamah, means “bloody clay.” The Bible’s story of Adam was lifted from an older female-oriented creation myth recounting the creation of man from clay and moonblood.
* In the Koran’s creation story, it says that Allah “made man out of flowing blood”; but in pre-Islamic Arabia, Allah was the Goddess of creation, Al-Lat.
* Plutarch said man was made of earth, but the power that made a human body grow was the moon, source of menstrual blood.
* The gods were dependent on the miraculous power of menstrual blood. In Greece it was euphemistically called the “supernatural red wine” given to the gods by Mother Hera in her virgin form, as Hebe.
* The Great Mother manifested herself as the spirit of creation (Kali-Maya). She ‘invited the gods to bath in the bloody flow of her womb and to drink of it; and the gods, in holy communion, drank of the fountain of life and rose to Heaven
* ‘hic est sanguis meus’ – ‘this is the Chalice of my Blood’ as spoken in the Christian Eucharist refers in origin to the menstrual blood of the Great Mother, not Christ.
* To this day, clothes allegedly stained with the Goddess’s menstrual blood are greatly prized as healing charms.
* For religious ceremonies, Australian aborigines painted their sacred stones, churingas, and themselves with red orche, declaring that it represented women’s menstrual blood.
* The esoteric secret of the gods was that their mystical powers of longevity, authority, and creativity came from the female essence of menstrual blood.
* The Norse god Thor reached the magic land of enlightenment and eternal life by bathing in a river filled with the menstrual blood of a ‘giantesses’ — that is of the Primal Matriarchs, the ‘Powerful Ones’.
* Odin acquired supremacy by stealing and drinking the ‘wise blood’ from the triple cauldron in the womb of the Mother-Earth, the same Triple Goddess known as Kali-Maya in the southeast Asia.
* Odin’s theft of menstrual magic paralleled that of Indra, who stole the ambrosia of immortality in the same way.
* Soma was produced by the ‘churning of the primal sea’ – representing the menstrual blood of the Mother Goddess. It was drunk by priests at sacrificial ceremonies and mixed with milk as a healing charm.
* In an ancient ceremony called Soma-vati, women of Maharastra circumambulated the sacred female-symbolic fig tree whenever the new moon fell on a Monday, the scared day of the Moon.
* The Mother Goddess under her name of Lakshmi, gave Soma to Indra to make him king of the gods. His wisdom, power, and curiously feminine capacity for pregnancy, came from Lakshmi’s mystic drink. The Goddess’s blood became his wisdom.
* Greeks believed the wisdom of men or god was centered in his blood, the soul-stuff given by his mother.
* Egyptian pharaohs became divine by ingesting ‘the blood of Isis,’ a soma-like ambrosia called sa. Its hieroglyphic sign was the same as the sign of the vulva, a yonic loop like the one on the ankh or Cross of Life. Painted red, this loop signified the female genital and the Gate of Heaven
* Amulets buried with the dead specifically prayed Isis to deify the deceased with her magic blood. A special amulet called the Tjet represented Isis’s vulva and was formed of red substance – jasper, carnelian, red porcelain, red glass, or red wood. This amulet was said to carry the redeeming power of the blood of Isis.
* The same elixir of immortality received the name of amrita in Persia. Sometimes it was called the Milk of the Mother Goddess, sometimes a fermented drink, sometimes sacred blood. It was always associated with the moon.
* Celtic kings became gods by drinking the ‘red mead’ dispensed by the Fairy Queen, Mab, whose name was formerly Medhbh or “mead.” Thus she gave a drink of herself. A Celtic name of this fluid was dergflaith, meaning either “red ale” or “red sovereignty.” In Celtic Britain, to be stained with red meant to be chosen by the Goddess as king. Celtic ruadh meant both “red” and “royal.”
* The pagan paradise or Fairyland was at the uterine center of the earth, site of the magic Fountain of Life. An old manuscript in the British Museum said the dying -and -resurrected Phoenix lives there forever. The Fountain of Eternal Youth, obviously menstrual, is said to overflow once every lunar month.
* The communion wine drunk by witches was menstrual blood. The famous wizard Thomas Rhymer joined a witch cult under the tutelage of the Fairy Queen, who told him she had “a bottle of claret wine here in her lap,” and invited him to lay his head in her lap. Claret was the traditional drink of the kings and also a synonym for blood; its name literally meant ‘enlightenment.’
* Medieval romance and the courtly-love movement, later related to the witch cults, were strongly influenced by the Tantric tradition, in which menstrual blood was indeed the wine of poets and sages.
* It is still specified in the Left Hand Rite of Tantra that the priestess impersonating the goddess must be menstruating, and after contact with her a man may perform rites that will make him “a great poet, a Lord of the World”
* When a girl first menstruates she is said to have ‘borne the flower’ in India. The English word flower has the significant literal meaning of ‘that which flows’.
* The Bible also calls menstrual blood the flower (Leviticus 15:24), precursor of the fruit of the womb (a child). As any flower mysteriously contained its future fruit, so uterine blood was the moon-flower supposed to contain the soul of future generations.
* The crucifixion of Jesus, where he was ‘lanced in the side’ and blood poured forth into a ‘Holy Chalice’ is an adaptation of early Menstrual Mysteries, where the Mother Goddess bleeds from her Womb, which is the ‘Holy Chalice’.
* The Grail story where many people are bleeding inside the ‘Grail Castle’ is also a symbolic reference to earlier Goddess Menstrual Mysteries.
* Taoists said a man could become immortal (or at least long-lived) by absorbing menstrual blood, called red yin juice, from a woman’s Mysterious Gateway, symbol of life-giving female energy. Chinese sages called this red juice the essence of Mother Earth, the yin principal that gives life to all things. They claimed the Yellow Emperor became a god by absorbing the yin juice of twelve hundred women.
* A Chinese myth said the Moon-goddess Chang-O, who controlled menstruation, was offended by male jealousy of her powers. She left her husband, who quarreled with her because she had all the elixir of immortality, and he had none, and was resentful. She turned her back on him and went to live in the moon forever, in much the same way Lilith left Adam to live at the ‘Red Sea’
* The Hebrew word for blood, dam, means ‘mother’ or ‘woman’ in other Indo-European languages (e,g. dam, damsel, madam, la dama, dame) and also “the curse” (damn). Therefore the Biblical A-dam means ‘a woman or mother’.
* Another common ancient symbol of the blood-river of life was the red carpet, traditionally trod by scared kings, heros, and brides. ‘The Royal Road’ – now favored by Hollywood celebrities, the royalty of our times.
* Taoist China considered red a sacred color associated with women, blood, sexual potency, and creative power. White was the color of men, semen, passivity, and death. This was the Tantric Idea of male and female essences: the male principal is seen as ‘passive’ and as the female principal as ‘active’, the reverse of later patriarchal views.
* The Maori rendered anything sacred by coloring it red, and calling the red color menstrual blood. Andaman Islanders thought blood-red paint a powerful medicine, and painted sick people red all over in an effort to cure them.
* Easter eggs, classic womb-symbols of the Goddess Eostre, were traditionally colored red and laid on graves to strengthen the dead. This habit, common in Greece and southern Russia, might be traced all the way back to Paleolithic graves which were reddened with ochre, for a closer resemblance to the Earth Mother’s womb from which the dead could be “born again.”
* Ancient tombs everywhere have shown the bones of the dead covered with red ochre. Sometimes everything in the tomb, including the walls, had the red color. J.D. Evans described a tomb on Malta filled reddened bones, which struck fear into the workmen who insisted the bones were covered with “fresh blood.”
* A born-again ceremony from Australia showed that the Aborgines linked rebirth with the blood of the womb. The chant performed at Ankota, the “vulva of the earth,” emphasized the redness surrounding the worshipper:
* Greek mystics were “born again” out of the river Styx, otherwise known as Alpha, “the Beginning.” This river wound seven times through the earth’s interior and emerged at a yonic shrine near the city of Clitor (Greek kleitoris) sacred to the Great Mother. Styx was the blood-stream from the earth’s vagina.
* Symbolic death and rebirth were linked with baptism in the waters of Styx, as in many other sacred rivers the world over. Jesus himself was baptized in Palestine’s version of the Styx, the river Jordan. When a man bathed seven times in this river, “his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child” (2 Kings 5:14).
* Gnostic Christian’s believed that the passage in Revelation, “I saw the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month” (Rev. 22:2), was an allusion to the monthly incidence of the female period.
* The Sufis, who also practiced Yoni Worship, associated female embodiment with red, and the male counterpart of ‘consciousness’ with white. Red and white colors alternated in the Sufi halka or magic circle, called the very hear of Sufism. The Arab rosary of alternating red and white beads had the same meaning: men and women coupled around the circle.
* In most European folk dances Red and white were the colors worn by alternating female-and-male dancers in the witches’ “fairy ring” of pagan Ireland, where the Goddess was worshipped under the same name as the Tantric earth mother, Tara. The dance moved counterclockwise or moonwise, and the Red and white colors represented the fairy world – or ‘enlightened’ consciousness.
* The rites were often governed by old women, due to the ancient belief that post-menopausal women were the wisest people because the permanently retained their “wise blood.”
* As a medium of reincarnation, menstrual blood was sometimes called a remedy for death itself. In the tale of Childe Roland, the elven-king roused men from the magic sleep of death with a “bright red liquor.”
List adapted from ‘Women’s Encyclopaedia of Myths and Secret‘ by Barbara Walker
© Seren Bertrand, Fountain of Life, 2012. All Rights Reserved.
The text is quoted from http://www.religiousworlds.com/mandalam/index.html